Sunday, January 8, 2012

Weekends: Happy to see you, happy to see you go

Weekends are always a welcome break, but staying on track is nigh impossible.

I weighed in at 219 yesterday. One more pound and it'll be a total of twenty pounds lost since I started this thing on October 13. Hoping for a good week so I can reach that milestone by my three-month mark on Friday. It'd be a nice, round number.

The jeans I haven't worn in almost a year not only fit me, but fit me comfortably. The spandex workout capris I bought two months ago and barely squeezed into slid right on yesterday. Those pants I mentioned Friday, which I hadn't been able to button for months, have been traded out for a whole size smaller.

Taking a break from the calorie recording this weekend, enjoying few meals with family, having some cake that I shouldn't have but probably deserve.

This fitness thing makes me appreciate the structure of my weekdays. On Friday, I mastered my mid-morning cravings by eating lighter for breakfast and having a protein bar around 11am. The chocolateyness was just enough to get me through, and the protein was a welcome addition to my day. Having that bar early made the rest of the day more comfortable, in terms of my diet.

Spending the evening getting my head back in the game, watching some past episodes of "Biggest Loser" and flipping through January's magazines. Back to training tomorrow night and I hope to cheesecake it's not legs again. Fingers are crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment