Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's the little things

Almost every day, there are little things that remind me of the benefits of this journey.

I made a trip to the store yesterday to pick up cat litter. I brought my empty bucket, filled it at the back of the store, and brought it to the register. When I got to the front of the line, I put the 30lb bucket onto the counter to be scanned.

"Sweetie!" the pretty young clerk exclaimed. "You didn't need to lift it all the way up there!"

When I shrugged and said that it was no problem, she replied, "Must be lifting those weights, huh?" She politely fake-laughed.

And I'm thinking, thirty pounds? Really? Did that used to be heavy?

It's a good thing I have those moments, too, because today I'm in so much pain that I can't walk without wincing. Legs days, yo. They're a killer.

2 comments:

  1. hehe :) well, if it had been an arms day, you wouldnt have been able to lift it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Jenny! Too true. I hadn't thought of that! :D

    ReplyDelete