Thursday, February 9, 2012

This right here? This is a slump.

I hate February. I hate my goals and I hate the scale and I hate the world.

So there.

I've lost only a few pounds since my triumphant three-month mark on January 13. I'm battling a plateau and it sucks every bit as much as I remember. It's challenging my commitment and my resolve.

I feel like I'm failing at everything this month. I wasn't able to do my run last weekend, so that's one goal broken. I've caved in twice already and gone for the soda, that's the second goal down the train. Last but not least, I've failed to keep up on my crunches and pushups as I'd wanted.

That's all three goals, folks. Down the tubes as of right now.

One of the culprits may be that I started going for my mile time again. I told myself to lay off and take it easy, but I wanted it so badly. I made minimal progress on my time in the past week, made my legs hurt, and didn't lose a pound.

I don't lose weight on the treadmill. You'd think that would be enough to keep me away from it. You'd be wrong!

I pushed myself hard tonight. Maybe I was taking my frustration out on myself. In any case, it's a good reminder that I can handle more than I usually hand myself when doing cardio.

Stress levels have been high and I'm excited to have a proper weekend off from work. It's been a few weeks since I last had one! This weekend is all about recharging and resting up. I plan to hit the gym hard both days. I need to make it count.

Another day, another chance to turn this around.

4 comments:

  1. Don't get discouraged! You are still doing more for yourself than you probably did 4 months ago! And remember, February is a short month - so figure those goals accordingly! (and if it is still a loss, then rejoice in the fact that it will be over quicker than the other months!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! I'm still deciding if I should revise my goals slightly, but you know, there are worse things in life than messing up a couple short-term goals. You're right, February will be over before I know it! ;)

      Delete
  2. you haven't blown the whole month! don't treat going for the soda twice as blowing the goal entirely, that's the kind of mindset that says "well i've already blown it, might as well keep blowing it" (i do this re: desserts on a regular basis) treat every day as having some collection of those goals. today i will not have a soda. today i will do an epic ab workout. if your ab workout is not as epic, you only kind of biffed that day's goal. if you have a soda, that's ok, because it's tomorrows goal too (usually if i overdo it on the desserts for a couple days i manage to stay away for a couple out of guilt, it's an effective motivator. but you're only ten days into this month, you've by no means blown it. plateaus still suck a big one though. maybe do something totally different at the gym. swim for an hour instead of the cardio machines? it's an asskicker and not impact intensive. try to go to some sort of class if they have any maybe? like zumba and such. that shit is fun. just some ideas. lemony says hi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. Totally stinkin' right. That attitude is what has destroyed every single other attempt I've made in my life at getting fit, and I can't let it happen again.

      I took your words to heart and I blame you 100% for kicking me out of this mood. Thank you, times a million. :) (And hello pony! My butt is officially smaller than yours now!)

      Delete