Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A bit of inspiration from the ol' tee-vee

"I did it! I ate one cookie! I'm one of those people. Oh my gosh!"

Cassandra, a contestant on this season of The Biggest Loser, said this on last night's episode. The contestants are in the midst of a mid-season home visit, where they face the challenges of integrating some new habits into their normal lives, and she was enjoying the cookies she'd just baked with her family.

She said it with such excitement and disbelief that it nearly brought tears to my eyes.

I understood.

After nearly four months, my own food compulsion is almost gone. I have bad days when I make poor food choices, or more likely, when I eat a little too much of an otherwise acceptable food, but I haven't lost control.

Do you know how long it's been since I ate myself half sick on garbage? I don't, either. I don't even remember. And this amazes me.

Even weeks without pounds lost are worth it. Some days, it's hard to remember, but that doesn't make it less true.

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful!! (and it gives me hope!)

    ReplyDelete