Saturday, February 18, 2012

Taking charge

It's been a quiet week on the blog, not for lack of things to write about.

I could have written about how much I hurt after Monday night.

I could have written about how I feel like a failure on legs weeks because I'm so sore that I can't hit the cardio as hard as I want to.

I could have written about how depressed this latest plateau has left me.

But I didn't write about any of this. I was too busy wallowing.

This isn't my first plateau. I had a nasty one after I'd lost about ten pounds and spent weeks feeling miserable. Then, I implemented my diet plan and kicked back into high gear.

Now, I'm at 24lbs lost and I've been stuck gaining and losing the same two pounds for weeks. I'm really, really tired of rocking back and forth over 215. Really. It's left me searching for new ways to mix up my routine, and I'll be honest: I've been grasping at straws.

Hence, the wallowing.

By yesterday, I was sick of wallowing and ready to take charge again. I picked up this DVD:


This is because I'm a glutton for punishment. I truly love Jillian Michaels. As a fat woman who has put in time in the skinny-centric worlds of horseback riding and opera singing, her approach is right up my alley.

Yell at me, Jillian! Tell me not to be a quitter and call me a wuss!

Anger and frustration are great motivators for me.

I also took a chance and picked up a fat-burning supplement, to be taken before meals. I've always been dubious about these, at best. At worst, I've been downright concerned about them. But staring down this plateau has left me looking for answers, so I'm going to give them a try.

I decided to go all Biggest Loser and purchased these:

These will not be magic. They may not even do a thing. The interwebs certainly have mixed reviews, half of which are probably paid testimonials and half of which are bitter rants about how Bob Harper has sold out.

Eh.

However this turns out, you all know I'll give a full report. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, my limp is minimal and the pain has abated enough that I hit the treadmill tonight. I knocked out 3mi in 40:26 with mile times of 12:16 and 26:12. With warm-up and cool-down, I finished 3.71mi. It was a week's worth of retribution, I think. Retribution against myself.

Totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment