Saturday, December 10, 2011

Perspective

As I slowly lose weight and see the change in myself, I'm delighted with the person I'm becoming. I'm happy, I'm healthier, and I'm starting to shape myself into the form I want.

And it's humbling to realize that I'm still two months away from the weight I was at this time last year.

I was miserable then, trying to lose weight and failing. I was so unhappy with the person I saw in the mirror. I was too big, I felt. I ate poorly and had no physical activity in my life.

A small, bitter part of me asks why I couldn't have been happy then. Time has given me the perspective I lacked, and the weight I then despised is the weight I'm presently chasing after.

I wish I had been happy. I wish I had appreciated my body for what it was.

This time around, I understand that time is fleeting and never-ending. The body I have today is not the body I'll have tomorrow, or the next, or any other day. It may be bigger, it may be smaller, but it is mine and I will appreciate it for what it can do. I will wear the clothing that makes me feel good about myself and damn the consequences.

In this ongoing battle, knowing that each day is another opportunity to do it right, it's the least I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment