Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fitness check-in

Tonight was all-cardio, all the time. I put in a short session, as I try to do on Sundays, in anticipation of the regular butt-kicking I receive on Mondays.

I didn't go easy on myself, however. I cut another few seconds off my mile, coming in at 14:25. That's thirty seconds less than my mile of ten days ago. I stepped off the belt and twisted my bad knee 'round about the twelve minute mark, and while my quick consultation with myself said I could continue, I cut myself short of the two-mile run I wanted to do tonight. I wrapped up at 1.5 miles in 23:20.

Incidentally, this is why I don't run outside. I can't run in a straight line, and given half a chance, I trip easily. And a lot. It wouldn't end well.

I took the chance and weighed myself for the first time since Monday. I'm at 228.

Wow.

Not only was this week a holiday week, but I ate more garbage than I ever allow myself anymore. Somehow, I still made gains. I don't understand, but I will not complain.

I also won't make the mistake of thinking I can get away with it all again. You hear that, subconscious? I am still not allowed to eat cheeseburgers.

It just goes to show that no matter how bad a day is, the next day may be waiting to turn it all around.

2 comments:

  1. That's great, Lisa! Is your knee as good as it gets or will the getting in shape and strength training help it be more solid?

    Hey - I don't know where you started out at, but that's great that it sounds like you lost some (or maintained).... Did you know you could put a ticker on your blog that shows where you are in your weighloss goal if you so chose? There is lots of them out there.

    Keep up the good work - you are my workout hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eep! Blogger never told me I had a comment, I'm sorry for not replying sooner, Jenny!

    The training will help the knee, for sure. There will always be some moves I can't do; because the ACL is a stabilizer that restricted certain movement, the fact that it's not there means the knee will 'slip' sometimes. If it slips too far, it can damage the other ligaments, notably the MCL and LCL, on the outsides of the knee. But it turns out that the quads in the upper leg wrap around the front of the knee, to a degree, and getting them in shape will go a long way toward giving me greater confidence and capability.

    I'll have to think about putting a ticker up! I started at 238 this time around, my all-time high, so being down ten pounds is a small milestone for me. I'm notorious for bailing on fitness programs at around this point, though, and it's a good feeling to know I'm in this one for the long haul.

    Thanks for being around, Jenny! I appreciate every comment here and every "Like" on Facebook. You all keep me motivated every bit as much as my trainer does! :)

    ReplyDelete