Friday, April 6, 2012

Back in business

My two-day break turned into three days, when I discovered yesterday afternoon that lack of an afternoon snack wipes me right the heck out.

That'll teach me to run out of protein bars.

So today, entirely rested and properly nourished, I hit the gym for the first time since Monday.

I don't think I was punishing myself, exactly, but I was sure making up for lost time. I set the treadmill to the hill program and started some running intervals. My plan was to do an hour, which I managed with around 20 minutes of running or so.

With warm-up and cool-down, I wrapped 70 minutes and 4.55 miles. My 5k time was around 45 minutes, which pleased me, given that I was on hills.

I'm filing away this accomplishment in the hopes that it overwrites my failures on the weight loss front. That 204 I registered not all that long ago was fleeting. I've been over 205 for the past week, which is disappointing.

I won't meet my goal of breaking out of the 200s by my six-month mark, but I know I'll still meet that goal. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment